Friday, October 3, 2008

Our Story:

After living in Botswana, Africa for three years, our family returned to the NY area where we started a whole new life...nothing as we knew it would ever be the same. Cecilia, that's me, would open a fair trade shop where I sell crafts mostly from the producer groups I knew of and worked with in Botswana. You see, while we were there, I had the distinct pleasure of working with the San Bushmen of the Kalahari. The women make ostrich eggshell jewelry (considered the first beads humans ever made, these types of beads date back 50,000 years) in order to put meat and milk on their table. These women are the reason I opened Women's Work. Peter, my husband, is the reason we were in Botswana in the first place. He had been in the Peace Corps in the '80's and couldn't wait to return. While we were there with our then, 3-year-old son Markham and our 8-year-old daughter Macallan, we had many life changing experiences...one such experiences resulted in Goody Goodies.
http://www.goodygoodies.org/

No comments: